Creative Commons License

Erk FM 1 – Themes

by Erk

Erk FM 01 – Themes

Welcome to episode 1 of Erk FM! In this episode, Erk has found various songs that podcasters use as their theme music. Often, podcasters will use a few seconds of a song relevant to their show as their theme music but you often don’t get to hear the entire song. However on this episode, you will get to hear the songs in full!

Thank you to the various podcasters who supplied the song information to me. Be sure to check out their shows and tell them Erk sent you! The majority of the music for this episode comes from the Podsafe Music Network.

Note that the final song does contain mature themes and situations.

Songs:

Erk

Train driver by profession but podcasting with passion since 2007, Erk has a range of podcasts including music (Erk FM), talk (Erk Pod, Erk To The Diary Room) and more. He has podcasted in Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, North America, Europe, the UK & parts of Asia.

7 Comments

1. 16 January 09, 10:44pm

I like it Erk, a good mixture of songs. I have found that you kind of need to put all the song genres in place so if you have two reggae songs for instance, put them both together.

2. 17 January 09, 4:44am

Very nice debut. Keep it up and welcome once again to the ‘dark side’ of music podcasting.

3. Jacob
    17 January 09, 2:44pm

Fuckin good. Look forward to the show every friday. Wait maybe thursday canadia

4. 18 January 09, 11:00am

Nice theme to this episode, Erk. Cool to hear the full versions of some of these songs I’ve only heard samples of.

Now, were you OK when you recorded this, Erk? You sounded like you were having some trouble breathing at points.

5. Erk
    19 January 09, 1:17am

Thanks for all the comments so far, guys! I’ll talk more about it on episode 2.

Shawno, I was OK when recording this. It was a hot day in the Erk FM kitchen but apart from that, I was fine ;)

6. 26 January 09, 10:30am

What a fun episode, Erk! It was so nice to hear the whole song, instead of the bits I’ve heard on various podcasts. Looking forward to hearing more ErkFM.

7. 28 January 09, 7:52pm

Erk, you did it. I never could get into music podcasts, but somehow you hooked me. I guess the key thing was getting me to listen to it in the first place. ;)

It was a lot of fun to hear some of the music I hear as podcast themes all the way through. Now it almost seems like a crime to chop them all so short. Oh, well. Guess that’s just the way it is.

Thanks for putting this together. It gets me even more excited about doing more podcasts. Not that I have time to do more, but you’ve inspired me to do more regardless!